Tuesday, November 22, 2011

2 Voice Poem

My parents drive me to school
I have to walk 6 and a half miles everyday
I have school supplies and more to spare
My pencil is as all I have
One day, I will go to college
My parents can't afford school next year
Our school has a library
We have to share our books
I am learning a second language
I have recently learned how to read
My school is a 5 story building
My school is a small house with one room
My whole family graduated college
I am the only one in my family that has gone to school

Reflection: 
The words in italics is the voice a student in the America who receives standard education. The other words represent a student in a developing country. This shows how education is very different in places around the world, and how some children have access to a good education, while others get poor or no education at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment